- Nuclear Data for Nuclear Physics and Nuclear Engineering.
"Datos nucleares para física nuclear e ingeniería nuclear “, Ministerio de Economía y Competitividad. Plan Nacional de Proyectos de investigación fundamental no orientada. Conv. 2011. Code: FPA2011-28770-C03-03 (2012-2014).
Total number of researchers: 6
The two main objectives of this project are:
1) Continuation of the experimental programme on neutron capture cross section measurements of minor actinides at the n_TOF facility at CERN, including the measurement of the most relevant capture cross sections for the nuclear waste transmutation.
2) Construction of a He-3 neutron detector with almost 4π angular coverage and very high detection efficiency. This detector will be used to measure the probability of the neutron emission of key nuclei of interest for nuclear technology, nuclear astrophysics and nuclear structure.
- 12 MeV race-track microtron.
Microtrón. MICINN-FEDER Scientific and technological infrastructures, Ref. UNPC08-4E-001 (2008-2011).
Particle accelerator.CIDEM, Programme VALTEC - Projects and recovery activities in technology, Ref. VALTEC09-2-0035 (2009-2011).
“GREMI – Grup de Recerca de Microtró”. AGAUR - Suport for Research Groups, Ref. 2009 SGR 1516 (2009-2013).
This is a multidisciplinary and interdepartamental project of the UPC coordinated and managed from the INTE. Its final goal is construction of a compact electron accelerator of race-track microtron type with the output beam energy between 6 MeV and 12 MeV. The work includes conceptual and technical design calculations, definition of technical specifications, assembling and tests of the accelerator systems and, finally, the microtron commissioning. The tasks are carried out in collaboration with other departments of UPC, CIEMAT, Skobeltsyn Institute of Nuclear Physics (University of Moscow), 3 Spanish companies and 3 medical centers.
- CLIC Project of CERN.
Optimization costs BPM amplifiers installed in the CTF3 TBL and financing activities of collaboration with CERN. MICINN - Complementary Activities FPA2009 Ref-08311-E (2010-2011)
Gabriel Montoro (Dept. TSC, UPC)
CLIC is a project of a future linear collider considered by the scientific community as a possible future facility for the research of fundamental interactions of matter. In the framework of this project the INTE group participates in the development of the tuning procedure of the final beam focusing at the collision point. The challenge is to obtain and focus beams of nanometer size. Another activity within this project is the beam dynamic study and elaboration of a proposal of an emittance measurement line for the CLIC.
- Arnold, D.,Vargas, A., Cortés, G, and Ortega, X. "Analysis of the natural radon progeny contribution to radioactive aerosol monitoring in the automatic Spanish surveillance network". WIT Transactions on Ecology and the Environment Vol 86. Edited by: J.W.S. LONGHURST, University of the West of England, UK and C.A. BREBBIA,Wessex Institute of Technology, UK ISBN: 1-84564-165-5, (2006).
- González-Gómez C., Azahara M., López-Peñalver JJ, Camacho-García A., El.Bardouni T., Boukhal H. "Seasonal variability in Be-7 depositional fluxes at Granada, Spain. Applied Radiation and Isotopes 64 (2006) 228-234
- Röttger,A., ...Vargas, A., Ortega, X. et al. "The radon activity concentration - An Euromet and BIPM supplementary comparison".Applied Radiation and Isotopes (2006), Volume 64, Issues 10-11, October-November 2006, Pages 1102-1107
- Vargas, A. and Ortega, X. "Influence of enviromental changes on integrating radon detectors. Results of an intercomparison exercise". Radiation Protection Dosimetry (2006). Volume 123, Issue 4, Pages 529-536
- Vargas, A. and Ortega, X. "Influence of environmental changes on continuous radon monitors. Results of a spanish intercomparison exercise". Radiation Protection Dosimetry (2006) Volume 121, Issue 3 , Pages 303-309
- Röttger A., ..., Vargas A."Intercomparison exercise of calibration facilities for radon gas activity concentration". Radioactivity in the Environment Vol. 7. The Natural Radiation Environment VII. A companion series to the Journal of the environment Radioactivity. Series editor M. Baxter,(2005),pp 306-313.
- Röttger,A., ...Vargas, A., Ortega, X. et al. "Comparison of calibration facilities for radon activity concentration: Euromet Project 657". Metrologia 42 06003 (2005) doi:10.1088/0026-1394/42/1A/06003
- Vargas A, Michelsen N., Le Moing C., Rio M., Tymen , Ortega X. "Determination of 218Po nanometer size distribution in a controlled environment by two new systems". Radioactivity in the Environment Vol. 7. The Natural Radiation Environment VII. A companion series to the Journal of the environment Radioactivity. Series editor M. Baxter(2005) pp 361-370.
- Azahara M., González C., Camacho A. et al. "The seasonal variations of Be-7 and Pb-210 concentrations in air". Radiation Physics and Chemistry, 71 (2004) 789-790
- Azahara M., González C., Camacho A. et al. "The seasonal variations of Be-7 and Pb-210 concentrations in air". Radiation Physics and Chemistry, 71 (2004)789-790.
- Azahara M., López-Peñalver J., Camacho A. et al. "Atmospheric concentrations of Be-7 and Pb-210 in Granada, Spainr". Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 261 (2004) 401-405
- Azahara M., López-Peñalver J., Camacho A. et al. "Atmospheric concentrations of Be-7 and Pb-210 in Granada, Spainr". Journal of Radioanalytical and Nuclear Chemistry, 261 (2004)401-405.
- Vargas A., Ortega X., Martín Matarranz J.L. "Traceability of radon-222 activity concentration in the radon chamber at the technical university of Catalonia (Spain)". Nuclear Inst. and Methods in Physics Research A, 526/3(2004) 501-509.
- Azara M., Camacho-Garcia A., Gonzalez-Gómez C., López-Peñalver J.J., El Bardouni T. "Seasonal Be-7 concentrations in near-surface air of Granada (Spain) in the period 1993-2001". Applied Radiation and Isotopes, 59 (2003), 159